Saturday 30 April 2011

Two births in 2 days

Update on this post.

I have had many births on the same day.
It seems that I have had months when I have had up to 4 births per day.
They were all short labors, but of course they were all far away from each other.

One time, it was my 5th in less than 36 hrs,
my client lived a block away and she woke up needing to push. I ran to her house with my bag, ok, once I got there I realized I had my  pajamas on !!!
After the birth, the parents laughed and teased me about it. They had a lovely very fast labor and birth.


Not a long story.
About 25 years ago, I had 2 VERY different births outcomes.
Earlier in the day I "caught" a full term 4lb baby boy, later I went to another house to catch another baby boy: he was 14lbs !

Similar births, wonderful births, one I caught with one hand, the other I felt like I needed a crane !

I have a (yes, old) video of the first one.
The only difference in these births was
the smaller perfectly formed baby was born to a family of people in several generations were less than 5'2 and all had small babies.

The other family of the bigger baby were all over 6'4.
I felt like that baby and I were the smallest in the house
What a day.
I think I walked around with a silly grin on my face.
Have a silly day!

No comments: