Sunday 17 April 2011

About ME.

My name is Sherri Holley and I am a CPM ( Certified Professional Midwife)
I am also a traveling midwife offering home birth to families all over the world.

The name of my service is: Last Frontier Midwifery. I owned Last Frontier Midwifery Birth Centers in Anchorage Alaska & Farmington, New Mexico. I practiced Midwifery in Alaska (21 years)and New Mexico for 9 years. I was a Licensed Midwife in both states. I have been traveling for the last 5 years.

I have owned full care women's clinics/birth centers before through out my 34yrs of practice.
I do full  prenatal care, water births,home births, postpartum care with lactation consultation, yearly exams for women offering the thin prep pap testing, Mammacare breast exams, working on hormonal imbalances and menopausal care, often using my intuitive healing methods-allowing me to use most of the alternative methods of healing.

I am a Homeopathic, Herbal, Certified Professional Midwife.
I've "caught" over 3,600 babies.from 4lbs to 14 lbs. twins, breeches of all types.
I have been attending VBAC' since 1979. VBACing women with vertical and classical incisions, and women who had many previous cesareans.

I have been attending water births since 1982, I love them. I also specialize in women who have had previous post birth trauma As well as Teens, Women over 35, and many more such as IVF babies.

 I am Blackfoot and Apache (Father) and Hungarian (Mother) and am heavily influenced by my native culture and how it works with my approach to midwifery and health and my life and how I look at the world and deal with people.
I try to look into the heart of people, rather than look at how their outside looks.

Born right out of Detroit Michigan, moved to Alaska at less than 3 months old,.

I grew up in Alaska. Last Frontier- nothing like it,
  I practiced midwifery in Alaska for 21 yrs. I and 2 other midwives started the Midwives Association of Alaska in 1981-1982. We were one of the only states at that time had self regulations of midwifery.
  However in 1984-1985 Alaska made it illegal for Midwifery so I filed a Class Action suit against the State of Alaska for restraint of trade. I WON for rights of other Midwives to practice in Alaska and for all the Families that wanted midwifery care. Also, many other states have used Alaska's midwifery guidelines/rules/regs and such to formulate their own states midwifery regulations. At that time I was the only midwife practicing full time in Alaska.
  Another midwife and I co-wrote the rules/regulations/bi-laws/ethics in 1985. They were revised again in 1990 and again since then. I have owned 4 different birth centers, having had the very first birth center that had opened in Anchorage, Alaska and openly offered water births. I continued to practice in Alaska until the end of 1999.

  I then moved to Farmington, New Mexico, and opened the first and only birth center in the 4 corners area serving New Mexico, Utah, Arizona and Colorado (there had been very limited midwifery care in those areas before).
  I started in a 1000sq. foot clinic for women and later moved to a 6,000 sq foot birth center to serve all the women who found out about my services.

My clinics have served many, many women, for pregnancies, births and well woman care over the years.

When I was still in New Mexico, I received training in Mammacare breast exams  the most comprehensive exam you can get. I focus on women's health care using alternative healing methods I offer not only well women exams, the Mammacare breast exams as well as nutritional healing. Menopausal care is offered as well


Practicing Radical midwife since 1979,in Alaska and New Mexico. Radical because I make my own choices and I encourage you to make yours.

Mother to Shawn and Chase both born @ home in 1979 and 1990. They've been non vaccinated and home schooled and bi-polar and raised vegan. A very courageous act when these things were very unpopular now and then.

I have had Lupus since I was 15.

I try to enjoy life as much as possible,have fun, and not hurt the earth, people or animals.

Hope you enjoy my BLOG, what my thought are (right or wrong- their mine)

ENJOY!

No comments: